1. Don’t talk excitedly or laugh out loud during the film, just smile.
This way your date has no clue if you all the while knew the tricks of the trade/ the rules of the game or not.
Cuz if you tell her you knew about these tricks all the while, she’s gonna think you did ‘design’ your first few moves on her.
If you pretend like you never knew any of this, it’s worse. She would then use her limited resources (head) and then assume that you took professional help (like asked one of your player friends for tips) to ‘snare’ her or that you are too boring to think of something as exciting as that.
Yes, women are capable of saying exactly the opposite things with equal amount of conviction on two different days! So, even if they ask you if you did do stuff like that ever, stay non-commital on this. Being non-commital is among the best virtues we men have been blessed with. Which means God sure is trying to say something there. Listen to Him!
2. Make mental notes. There is quite a bit you can learn from the movie, whether or not you have a tough time getting the right girl to go out with you. And these happen to be things which ‘Hitch’ does not say/prescribe in the film… the goof-ups, for example, do make women think you are adorable and cute.
3. Don’t get lost in the movie. The key is to SHARE the movie with your date and take a dig here and there about women. Keep a healthy secret conversation going in the course of the film. This way, you won’t notice that the second half of the film does not really live upto the promising first. Besides, men versus women talk can fuel the interest of even the dumbest of dates.
4. Repeat after me. Will Smith is NOT all that hawt. Stick to this if your opinions are asked: “He’s okay.” That way a.You won’t sound gay. b. You won’t start a fight saying he isn’t.
5. And yes, Hitch aint all that smart either. If he WAS, he would’nt come across as such a confused dork in the end. The transformation seems to forced into the script. The scriptwriters need not have really made him a bumbling nervous jackass though it does seem to make the whole thing appear cute.
But hey, he was the same guy who gatecrashed into the speed-dating session in style. How can a man so confident till that point turn into the stereotypical mushy cornball? Making him totally out of character seems to be the intention. But, now that’s bad idea! The movie would’ve worked better without the soppy climax, obviously inspired by Jerry Maguire’s ‘You complete me’ speech!